It’s my goal to bring you the best resources for your tech-balanced family! Here are the products I’ve found that I think you’ll love.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Thanks for your support!
There are a lot of parental monitoring options out there. Here are a couple that come highly recommended by other parents, and that look like complete and effective solutions to me.
- Qustodio: Qustodio offers a free level and lets you block apps and content, set screen time limits, and monitor your child’s activity in real time.
- Bark: Bark alerts you when it detects risky behavior on your child’s device so that you don’t have to monitor every single communication. Use this link to try it free for 7 days.
Check out my post on choosing the best cheap cellphone plan for you and your family. Here are some options we’ve used and loved.
- T-Mobile: The T-Mobile ONE plan offers exceptional service for a good price
- AirVoice: An airtime reseller on AT&T’s network
- PagePlus Cellular: An airtime reseller on Verizon’s network
- Mint Mobile: An airtime reseller on T-Mobile’s network
Internet Security & Privacy
- LastPass: our solution for creating and managing our secure passwords (check out this post for how to get started with LastPass.)
- Bluehost: blog hosting at a great price
- NameCheap: where I buy my domain names
- Seek the Offer (formerly Dare to Conquer): the *best* community and suite of courses for learning to build a successful online business. Read about how the STO community helped me start making money blogging in 2018.
- Blog Simple Framework: Just want to make money blogging without creating a full-fledged business? Check out the free Blog Simple Framework Master Workshop. This is another excellent product from the creator of Seek the Offer.
- YNAB (You Need a Budget): We have used this tool for years to manage our budget and track our spending. Their customer service and training are phenomenal. Use my link for a free month!
- High Performance Habits: How Extraordinary People Become That Way by Brendon Burchard. This incredible book shows you how to tap into the habits that high-performance people use every day.
- Digital Minimalism by Cal Newport. Learn how to make the best use of technology so that it’s useful without taking over your life.
- The Glass Cage by Nicholas Carr. This eye-opening book reveals the potentially negative side effects of over-automating our lives. From plane crashes that could have been avoided to the ethics of self-driving cars, automation could be stealing crucial parts of our humanity. Definitely a must-read.
Health and Wellness
We cannot be confident parents if we’re not taking care of our health. So I balance my love for technology with a second love for natural wellness.
- Mommy Comes Clean: My second site where I talk about healthy living, fertility, and natural parenting.
- Young Living Essential Oils: My personal pick for the best essential oils company.
- TempDrop: An awesome techie resource for making natural family planning super simple. (Use my referral link for $10 off your TempDrop.)